Sunday, February 1, 2009

Advocating

I am becoming a little concerned. I want to be a force for change, but I am worried over the responses of others and the time it requires. I just finished reading the advocacy article. I am a little overwhelmed with contacting policy makers and appearing on TV. Are you kidding? I am stressing about the faculty meeting creation.

I know it is all a step at a time and even if I take on something that I really believe it, TV appearances on Oprah are not pending.

4 comments:

  1. I had the same feeling! I guess you have to start a little at a time. Get used to advocating in your school, and then you can move to higher levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that as we get more comfortable at being an advocate locally, taking the next step will just seem natural and not a stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you! Reading the ASCD guide was definitely overwhelming but if there is a calling that you are passionate enough about, it's good to know there is a set of guidelines and supporters to help get things started...in a logistical way, that is! And, for some reason, if you do a radio appearance, you don't have to worry about smiling as much...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe as we really search into being an advocate your fear will subside. Maybe you just haven't found your true topic in which you feel comfortable enough to fully support?!

    ReplyDelete