Monday, March 2, 2009

Blogging lesson plans

Boy, do I love snow days. So I finished my two lesson plans today, now only the huge chunks left, like the practicum and portfolio....ugh. But as I was creating my blogging lesson plan, I am having a difficult time coming up with the exit experience part. So, since no one is really posting, thought I'd give you guys something meaty to chew on. My authentic problem is as a worker for antique roadshow you've decided to begin a blog on Depresison era artifacts. This will allow your patrons and fellow experts to learn and add comments. I've required students to post three entries with pictures, description of how related to era and a probing question. I've also required them to comment on three of their colleagues blogs. Sooo.... exit problem? I put down for now that we'd review them as a class, but I know that is way weak. Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Could you have the "expert" antiques roadshow leader come in to class for a special briefing by "workers" on items they think should be sought after and items that may be available? Based on the student's deciding which ones are top notch and thus deserving of a finalist position for the roadshow "expert's" review?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Cathy's idea. You could also have them use the flip videos to create a short clip on the one item they think best fits the criteria. The 'expert' could review this and send in their findings via video.

    ReplyDelete